A Tibetan documentary film featured at Tromsø International Film Festival
Oslo, January 17
A Tibetan documentary film, “The Sun Behind the Clouds: Tibet’s Struggle for Freedom“, by Ritu Sarin and Tenzing Sonam has been selected for the 21st Tromsø International Film Festival (TIFF), to be held from January 18-23, and is also nominated for its Norwegian Film Peace Award.
TIFF is the biggest film festival held in Northern Norway. It is a popular film festival, and at the same time an important meeting place for the Norwegian and international film industries. Tromsø is the largest Norwegian town north of the Arctic Circle, the gateway to the Arctic and boasts the world’s northernmost university. The city enjoys midnight sun from May 18 to July 26.
TIFF 2011 will be the 21st edition of the event. The festival screens challenging and quality films for local, national and international audiences.
Mr Tord Eriksen from the Tromsø chapter of the Norwegian Tibet Committee said, “The directors of the film, Ritu Sarin and Tenzing Sonam, have been invited for the festival. The Norwegian Tibet Committee will use this opportunity to highlight the issue of Tibet during the festival. Ms Chungdak Koren from our main office will be coming to Tromsø to help facilitate this.”
Tel: +47 95024443
Tel: +47 95704786
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- We are moving!
- Sikyong Lobsang Sangay in Oslo
- Solidarity demonstration
- Live webcasts
- Our assessment of the Shugden issue
- Press release – Answer to governments decision not to meet the Dalai Lama
- HH Dalai Lama in Oslo, May 2014!
- Seminar 8th October
- Tsering Woeser awarded 2013 International Women of Courage Award
- Pressrelease 4.03.2013
- European Solidarity Rally for Tibet, Brussels, March 10, 2013
- Norwegian Tibet committee’s Youth Section
- Tibet film evening on 7th feb.2013 with three Tibetan films
- Responses to the China’s ambassador for Norway, article in Aftenposten
- Video “What’s China doing in Tibet?”